Thursday, June 27, 2013

Paper Embroidery with Michelle Pearson

Michelle Pearson here today for CSW Distributors sharing some fun projects featuring Couture Creations Embossing Folders and a paper embroidery technique. 


As soon as I saw the Couture Creations Fudge Embossing Folder I knew what I wanted to do, some paper embroidery! Being an organized pack rat, I knew right where to find the coordinating patterned paper I wanted to use for this layout!

Supplies for this technique are quite simple. You will want embroidery floss, a piercing tool and a foam mat of sorts to pierce into. I recommend piercing the indented side of the design. Your thread will lay nicely in the embossed channels. You can make your stitches as long as you like, but on the curved areas I recommend keeping them fairly close together so your stitching bends easily with the design.


Check out the fun detail stitching this folder gives you! This is a fun way to add a whole new layer of detailing to your layouts and paper craft projects!

 

On this layout you can see the effect on the Couture Creations Powder Puff Embossing Folder. I used the embossed side up on this piece because I wanted the sanded detailing to pop the puffs. I used longer stitches with some iridescent floss for some of the puffs.

My final project using this technique is this card using the Couture Creations Magical Embossing Folder. I selectively decided which areas to stitch and then stitched the indented side of the panel.

I hope I have inspired you to try stitching on projects!

Michelle

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723279 Fresh and Fun - Magical Embossing Folder
CO723278 Fresh and Fun - Powder Puff Embossing Folder
CO723275 Fresh and Fun - Fudge Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment