Friday, July 12, 2013

Textured Patchwork Background with Patti Hamil

Hi! Patti Hamil here today for CSW Distributors sharing a layout featuring a fun textured patchwork background. I created a page of my sweet little cousin smelling a gardenia bloom. I wanted a lot of texture on the page and a bright Spring color palette. The Couture Creations Embossing Folders and Dies helped me to create the look I was after!


I used the Large Damask Flourish Embossing Folder to add a pattern to my photo mats. I used Foam Mounting Tape to attach my photos to my layout to add some dimension to the project. This really pops in person! I attached the ribbon and photo mats using Double-Sided Tape, which is a great adhesive for textured surfaces.


I used white cardstock for the base of my layout. I wanted a quilted look so, I used the Large Damask Flourish and Extra Confetti Embossing Folders, from the Elegance Collection, and embossed a piece of the same white cardstock. I embossed 2 pieces with each folder. I then inked the pieces with pink, green and blue ink and cut them into 2" squares. I then assembled the patterned background, alternating the colors.


I used the Daisy Nesting Dies to make 2 different types of gardenia blooms. I used Glitzin' Glamour in Gold for the flower centers of a couple of blooms and some of the smallest paper blooms for the other flower centers.


I hand cut and inked the little leaves from green cardstock.
 

I used a pink marker to add some faux stitching around the photo mats and journaling spots. The wording are some older rub-ons that I had in my stash.


I added a pink and white scalloped border that I created with 2 sizes of the Scallop Oval Nesting Dies. I placed them beside my tri-colored ribbon. I then added Self Adhesive Pearls, in Pink Blush, to the center of each scallop.


These blooms were really easy to create and turned out pretty good! I'm not great at making my own blooms, but these dies work wonderfully!

I hope you enjoyed my post! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723217 - Nesting Dies Daisy
CO723045 - Scallop Oval Nesting Dies
CO723449 - Elegance Collection - Large Damask Flourish Embossing Folder
CO723446 - Elegance Collection - Extra Confetti Embossing Folder
CO721997 - Self Adhesive Pearls -  Pink Blush
CO723061 - Sponge Dabbers
CO721976 - Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue - Gold
CO721963 - Foam Mounting Tape - 18mm x 4m
CO721984 - Double-Sided Tape - 12mm x 50m
CO721956 - Sharp Point Scissors
CO721957 - Cutting Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment