Monday, July 22, 2013

Handmade Daisys with Patti Hamil

Hello everyone! Patti Hamil here today. I wanted to share a layout with some handmade blooms that I created with the Daisy Nesting Dies.

This is a page of our niece on her wedding day! I just love the fun photo capturing the excitement!


I used the Daisy Nesting Dies for these blooms. I made two different sizes. You can make them the size you want, you just need 2 smaller and 3 larger daisy shapes. After cutting, use a Sponge Dauber and ink the center with a little darker ink and snip slightly between each petal. Next, use a Piercing Tool to make a hole in the center of each daisy. Attach the layers of petals together with a brad. Spritz well with water and carefully fold each layer up toward the brad, gathering in the center. Your bloom will look like the one below. Set aside to dry.


Next, use a Piercing Tool to carefully pull apart each layer of petals. Be careful to prevent tearing as some sections are bunched up really tightly.



Once the petals are separated, remove the brad.


Layer the petals and attach with the adhesive of your choice. I used a white glue on mine.


Here is a closeup of a finished bloom. You don't need a center, they look more natural left the way they are!


For my background, I embossed two pieces of aqua colored patterned paper with the Large Damask Flourish Embossing Folder. I embossed a solid lavender paper with the Extra Confetti Embossing Folder and then cut the paper into circles.

Here you see some closeups of the detail of this.



I used Foam Mounting Tape to raise the smaller embossed circles for some added dimension. I really like how the intricate patterns of the embossing folders are so visible. These are great folders!
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial on making blooms. You can play around and get lots of different looks with this technique! 

I appreciate you stopping by!
Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723217 - Daisy Nesting Dies
CO723449 - Elegance Collection - Large Damask Flourish Embossing Folder
CO723287 - Elegance Collection - Extra Confetti Embossing Folder
CO721992 - Self Adhesive Gemstones - Blue Iceberg
CO723061 - Sponge Dauber
CO721986 - Handheld Essentials - Piercing Tool
CO721965 - Foam Mounting Tape - 18mm x 50m

1 comment: