Monday, October 28, 2013

Kromekote Christmas Card with Gloria

Hi! Gloria here with you today. WorldWin Papers has come out with a new line of cardstock called Kromekote. This cardstock collection contains foil, glossy, and glossy textured cardstock papers. The cardstock is a heavy weight, perfect for embossing and die-cutting. I know it may be early for Christmas, but I need to get a head start on my cards. Plus, look at this shimmery foil cardstock! It is perfect for the holidays!



I used the Kromekote Silver Foil cardstock for my card. I embossed the silver foil with the Couture Creations Cardinal's Wreath Embossing Folder, and then I gently rubbed the surface with a Sanding Block.


I used Copic markers to highlight just a few elements of the embossed image. I die-cut a small scrap of the silver foil cardstock with a mini tag die template, and then I stamped the sentiment on it with Staz-On Ink, which dries quickly on the glossy surface.


You can see here the "scratching" of the surface that happened when I gently buffed the raised images with a Sanding Block! It gives the card even more dimension.

Thanks for looking!

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723599 Wrapped In Joy Collection - Cardinal's Wreath Embossing Folder
CO723060 Sanding Block

Other Supplies: WorldWin Papers: Kromekote Silver Foil, ColorMates Deep Emerald Isle, Deep Berry Red, Heritage White (inside); Die Template: Sweet and Sassy Stamps Mini Tags; Stamps: JustRite Deck the Halls; Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black; Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon; Markers: Copic R29, G16; Adhesive: Scor-tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment