Monday, October 21, 2013

Peace Card with Pam Bray


Hi! Pam here today. Can you believe that the holidays are just around the corner? It is never to late to start thinking of making Christmas Cards, decorations or gifts. The Couture Creations NEW Wrapped in Joy Embossing Folder Collection is perfect for holiday crafts. Today I would like to share with you my non-traditional  "Peace Card" using the Peace and Joy Embossing Folder.


I started my card by running a 5" x 7" piece of white cardstock, that I cut on my Couture Creations Precision Trimmer, through my embossing machine.


I repeated the process with purple and blue cardstock and with some pretty striped patterned paper.


I love to fussy cut, so using my Sharp Point Scissors, that is what I did with the "Peace" portion from the blue cardstock and the striped piece of patterned paper.

I rubbed Purple Glitzin' Glamour on the top of each of the embossed ornaments with my finger tip. Then, with a piece of scrap paper, I kissed each ornament to pick up the Glitzin' Glamour that may have gone off of the embossed image.

I then took the paper piercer from the Handheld Essentials Kit and, using the tip, placed a bit of the Aztec Gold Glitzin' Glamour over the top of each of the embossed ornament hangers.


I used my Sponge Dauber and a bit of Concord Grape Distress Ink to color the edges of my white card base prior to putting it together.


I layered all the pieces on top of my purple card base using Double-Sided Tape.


I added the "Peace" embossed image that I had previously fussy cut to the top of the striped strip with Foam Mounting Tape.


I placed a pretty bow on the top of each ornament.


I added Seaspray Self-adhesive Gemstones to the ends of the striped patterned paper.


Hugs, Pammejo

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723594 Wrapped in Joy Collection - Peace and Joy Embossing Folder
CO721981 Aztec Gold Glitzin' Glamour
CO721972 Purple Glitzin' Glamour
CO721989 Seaspray Self-Adhesive Gemstones
CO721984 Double-Sided Tape
CO721963 Foam Mounting Tape
CO721957 Cutting Mat
CO721956 Sharp Point Scissors
CO723039 Precision Trimmer
CO721986 Handheld Essentials
CO723061 Sponge Daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment