Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lacy 8 Valentine Card with Vicki Robertson



Hi! Vicki here today sharing a card that I created with a new dies from the Couture Creations Madeline Collection. With Valentine's Day a week away, it's time to roll out that special Valentine for the one you love! I created this card using the new beautiful Lacy 8 and the Hearts Nesting Dies.  This one is for my sweetheart. I'll save the sentiment for inside!


The card base of white cardstock is layered with both pink and white/gold foil heart patterned paper from the Teresa Collins You Are My Happy Collection. I used the Lacy 8 Die with the gold glitter paper and the Hearts Nesting Dies with the pink glitter paper. The Lacy 8 is a two part die consisting of an outer frame portion and an ornate inner circle. 


After adhering the frame to the card, I centered the large pink heart in the open circle area.  Next, I applied Foam Mounting Tape to the back of the ornate circle portion of the Lacy 8 die-cut and adhered it over the heart. I double layered two smaller die-cut hearts and placed them over the center opening of the ornate circle with more Foam Mounting Tape.

To further embellish the card, I added Moonlight Self Adhesive Pearls to the 4 corners of the frame, added a bow, flowers and a couple of stick pins. 

I hope you enjoyed my Valentine inspiration!

Couture Creation Supplies:
CO723241 Madeline Ornamental Lace Die Collection - Lacy 8
CO723213 Hearts Nesting Dies
CO721967 Cutting Mat
CO721962 Foam Mounting Tape (6mm)
CO721956 Pointed Stainless Steel Scissors
CO721998 Moonlight Self Adhesive Pearls

Other Supplies: Glitter Paper: American Crafts, Recollections; Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins; Roses: Recollections; Stick Pink: Close To My Heart; Bow Maker Tool: Craft-Dee BowZ; Other: Stick Pin, Satin Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment