Friday, February 21, 2014

Nautical Card with Vicki Robertson


Hi! Vicki here today sharing some wishful thinking with you! February can't be over soon enough for me. This has been a cold, snowy month in the Northeast and I am thinking of summer, sand and being at the beach. That said, here's a card I created using the Couture Creations Harmony and Secret Treasure Collections of embossing folders and dies.

The card base measures 5 x7 and cut is from kraft cardstock. This is topped with a mat cut from cork specialty paper. Next, I embossed the lighthouse image using the Lighthouse Embossing Folder on natural canvas. The nautical theme is all the rage and this embossing folder is no exception. I gently inked over the embossed image with distress ink to enhance the embossing. A Vintage Gold Gemstone at the top of the lighthouse represents the light.

The Ships Wheel and Anchor Dies from the Secret Treasures Collection are also cut from cork. I adhered the ships wheel directly to the canvas and added black pearls. I gave the anchor added dimension with Foam Mounting Tape and placed it against the ships wheel.

The quote is printed on natural canvas and inked along the edges. I punched a couple of holes and added some yellow twine ties to the pennant shaped tag. The bottom corner is tucked behind the ships wheel while the rest of it is adhered to make it look like it is moving.

I hope you enjoyed my nautical inspiration!

Vicki
He"artful" Validation of Vicki

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723628 Harmony Collection - Lighthouse Embossing Folder
CO723521 Secret Treasures Collection - Anchor
CO723520 Secret Treasures Collection - Ships Wheel
CO721990 Vintage Gold Self-Adhesive Gemstones
CO723957 Cutting Mat
CO721962 Foam Mounting Double Tape
CO723039 Precision Paper Trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment