Friday, February 28, 2014

Not Without my Mickey by Tracey Cooley


Hi Creators! Couture Creations Designer Tracey Cooley here today. I am loving the new Secret Treasures and Madeline collections of dies and the Harmony embossing folders that have been recently released! Here are a couple of ideas on how to use them. 

My youngest daughter has just started Primary school and I remembered that I had not created a layout for her first day of Kindy. I remember this day very well as I tried my hardest not to get upset when I dropped her off, but alas, I am a sook and blubbered all the way home. She was so little! Her favorite toy at the time was Mickey Mouse. She was so excited to go to Kindy, but NOT WITHOUT HER MICKEY!


Tip: A great way to add a mat to your lace die-cut is to trace around the edge of the die itself and then cut out the shape with Precision Scissors.


Cut a lace die in an alternate color. Note: I used the Les Fleurs Ornamental Lace Die.


The Circle Nesting Dies are just perfect for making a silhouette of Mickey Mouse! Simply cut one large circle and 2 small circles and voila! Add a bow to one ear to turn Mickey into Minnie.

Flowers: Cut 3 large Retro Flowers and 4 medium Retro Flowers. Ink the edges of the petals if desired. Spritz with water and press center into a mouse pad or molding pad. Note: I used a Sharpie for the large flower and a paintbrush handle for the small flower.


 Once dry, pinch each petal to give a 3D effect. Next adhere layers alternately to form entire blossom.


Leave the larger petals off to make smaller blossom. To make the flowers a little more special, spray with spray adhesive and sprinkle with glitter. If desired, add a Gemstone to finish off the flower center.

I seem to use a certain size of my Self-Adhesive Gemstones more than the others, so I have found a great way to use leftover gemstones to make flourishes. Simply draw a flourish, freehand or with a stencil, and add gems. Try mixing several colors of gemstones.

Keep on Creating!

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723524 Secret Treasures Collection - Retro Flowers Die
CO723552 Secret Treasures Collection - Bird Song Die
CO723517 Secret Treasures Collection - Party Banner Die
CO723527 Secret Treasures Collection - Classic Chevron Die
CO723534 Secret Treasures Collection - Square Plaque Die
CO723243 Madeline Collection - Les Fleurs Die
CO723040 Circle Nesting Dies
CO723635 Harmony Collection - Journal Cards Embossing Folder
CO721994 Pink Diva Self-Adhesive Gemstones
CO721984 Double-Sided Tape - 12mm
CO721961 Foam Mounting Tape - 12mm


No comments:

Post a Comment