Friday, August 23, 2013

Country Time + Handmade Daisies with Patti

Hello, its Patti here today with another variation of a bloom made with the Couture Creations Daisy Nesting Dies. There are so many different ways to customize handmade blooms. I really enjoy playing around with them and this one turned out pretty cute!

First, here is the finished page. These flowers were all picked within a mile of my house while walking on a dirt road and I put them in a mason jar glass. Just one of the perks of living in the country!


The first thing that I did was to use the Large Damask Flourish Embossing Folder from the Elegance Collection and emboss 2 pieces of white cardstock. I cut the cardstock into one long strip and just embossed each end. I then used two colors of ink, one purple and one blue, to get the desired color to match the background.


I altered a chipboard flourish from Imaginarium Designs using the same two colors of ink and then topped it with a coat of Glitzin' Glamour in Crystalina. Such a pretty look!


For the blooms I used the Daisy Nesting Dies in the two smallest sizes. I used the largest of the two for the white outer blooms and the smaller for the yellow centers. I inked the edges after cutting them out.

Using the Sharp Point Scissors, I snipped between each petal, making sure not to cut all the way to the flower center.


Next, I spritzed the flowers with water and curled them up as shown.


Once the petals were dry, I carefully pulled apart the petals with the Piercing Tool, taking care to not tear the tiny petals.


Once unfolded, I layered the petals and put them together!


This is what the bloom looks like after four layers of petals. You can play around and curl, fluff or do whatever you want with the blooms!


Here are the daisies on the page, along with the little blue blooms that I used a tiny dot of the Gold Glitzin' Glamour for the centers! You can also see some embossed fussy cut leaves that I created  with the Hyper Magical Embossing Folder from the Fresh & Fun Collection.


Here you see part of the chippie with the Glitzin' Glamour and some of the tiny blooms.


A few more close-ups.


I hope you enjoyed this post and I really appreciate you stopping by!

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723217 Daisy Nesting Dies
CO723449 Elegance Collection - Large Damask Flourish Embossing Folder
CO723442 Fresh & Fun Collection - Hyper Magical Embossing Folder
CO721971 Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue - Crystalina
CO721976 Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue - Gold
CO721961 Foam Mounting Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment