Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Passion Embossing Folder Week - Blue Passion with Patti

Hi, Patti here sharing a project created using the Couture Creations Passion Embossing Folder from the Fine Designs collection.. I love the intricate detail of this folder, it looks like morning glory vines to me! So I wanted to show as much of the actual folder as possible without covering it with lots of embellishments.

To do that, I wanted to make the actual embossed area a little more special, so I began by coloring in sections with Zig markers. I used blue, yellow and green in lighter hues. Then I used a blue ink pad and went over the entire area.

After that, I used embossing ink and sprinkled "WOW" Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Powder on it and heat embossed the entire area for a real shimmery look! To top it off, I added light blue grosgrain ribbon and a rub-on sentiment that matched perfectly! I think the color combo is striking!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed seeing my card!

Couture Creation Supplies:

Other Supplies:  Cardstock: Worldwin (DoubleMates Terrific Teal, ColorMates Natural); Rub-ons:  My Mind's Eye (Misc. Sentiments); Ink:  Anna Griffin (blue); Markers: Zig (blue, green, yellow); Embossing Powder: WOW (Neutral Ultra Shimmer); Miscellaneous: Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Pop Dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment