I am always on the hunt for NEW embossing folder techniques, and I wanted to give the die-cut inlay technique a try.
1. Make a 5x5 inch card from blue cardstock.
2. Trim green patterned paper slightly smaller than the card front and set aside.
3. Trim white cardstock to 5x7 inches (to fit the embossing folder.
4. Place small die cuts onto the front of the white cardstock and tape into place with repositionable tape. Die-cut the white cardstock and set aside. (You won't need the die-cut shapes. You want the cardstock piece with the "holes.")
5. Die-cut the same shapes from dark blue and maroon cardstock. (I chose the Couture Creations Decorative Dies from the Endless Dreams Collection: Baby Dove and Magical Butterfly.
6. Make sure that the die-cut shapes fit into your holes on the white cardstock and that you can trim the cardstock to the correct size. Remove the shapes and set them aside.
7. Emboss the white cardstock with the Passion Embossing Folder. (If you wish, you can also emboss the die-cut "inlays.")
8. Trim the white cardstock to slightly smaller than the green designer paper. Using maroon ink (Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Dark Cherry), buff the edges of the embossed paper.
9. Attach the white embossed cardstock to the green designer paper, then wrap a length of green seam binding around the panel and secure. Attach the panel to the card front.
10. Using a clear glue, place the colored die cut shapes into the holes in the embossed cardstock as shown. The die-cut shapes are "inlaid" with the embossed paper. Plus you can see the green designer paper peeking through!
11. Stamp a sentiment with the Dark Cherry ink and cut it out with Couture Creations Square Nesting dies. Mat with dark blue cardstock. Attach to the card with foam tape.
12. Finish the card with a green bow made from seam binding. Attach a blue button and some twine to the top of the bow. Line your card with white cardstock.
For a twist on this folder:
I have created another project with this folder, using an ink technique. To see the tutorial, click HERE.
To see what the team has made, check here:
Thanks for looking!
Gloria (Scraps of Life)
Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723251 Fine Designs Collection - Passion Embossing Folder
CO723042 Square Nesting Dies
CO723408 Endless Dreams Baby Dove
CO723412 Endless Dreams Magical Butterfly
CO721962 Foam Mounting Tape
CO721957 Cutting Mat
CO721986 Handheld Essentials
CO723039 Precision Trimmer, Pink
CO721956 Sharp Point Scissors
CO723061 Sponge Daubers
Other: Cardstock: WorldWin Papers Premium White, Cut Mates Blue Potatoes, Grape Jelly; Designer paper: Echo Park For the Record 2 Documented; Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Dark Cherry; Stamp: Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments Birthday; Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon (moss seam binding); Twine: craft store; Button: unknown; Adhesive: Aleene's Tacky Glue